Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve Day


I can't remember last year's New Year's Resolution, which might be why I didn't accomplish it--although, since I don't remember, maybe I did accomplish it?

I do know that, previously to 2010 I'd used the same resolution for several years running; to write in my journal at least six days a week.  I'd found that seven days a week was a set-up for failure, but six is something that I can manage until around June when things start to slip--although I can generally get back up to par after a few weeks and keep going until winter sets in and I realize my life sucks...

Or maybe that was just this year, when I pretty much gave up journaling entirely sometime around Thanksgiving.  Which goes well with the pile of 14 new (13 now, actually) journals I have waiting for me...

But last year I figured I'd gotten the journaling bit down, and I didn't need to resolve to keep it up, since I'd be doing that anyway.  I already said I don't remember what I replaced it with--it might have been a goal to write a certain amount, but that was pretty much doomed to failure from the start, since I keep moving around in life.

I don't know what to resolve to do for this year. I'm doing okay with the journal-bit (that pile of blank ones is intimidating), and I don't want to start up with writing goals again, since that's just about doomed to failure.  I've been steadily losing weight since May--and I didn't gain any over Christmas--so I can't resolve to do that (unlike the rest of America).  I suppose I could resolve to get a job, but then I might feel the need to rebel against the goal, making it counter-productive.

'To get a date' would be nice, but I'd like to keep things realistic, and for me that's on the lines of 'go to the moon.' Same problem with 'make friends.'

Maybe I'll just resolve to actually try out my new (from a garage sale) skies at some point this winter--assuming the snow comes back. That sounds reasonable and accomplish-able.

Sure. New Year's Resolution: To Go Skiing

No comments:

Post a Comment