Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Monday, December 13, 2010

Rabbit!



We had pets rabbits while I was growing up.  Our first one was named Shadow.  He was black (shocking, I know) and we had him for close to a decade. 

Our second rabbit was names Simon.  He was a black and white Dutch rabbit and very pretty--but he didn't make a great pet.  He always had poo stuck to his butt, and he failed to ever be litter trained (he almost was at one point but then mom changed the litter on him and that was that).  We still have stains all over the living room floor from him (he mostly lived inside).  He also wouldn't cuddle or hold still while I pet him (he'd bite--but it might have been rabbit adolescence, I don't know anymore).  But he got flystrike (maggots living in the poo on his bum, eeeeewwww) one day, and even though mom took him to the vet, his heart was weak and when they sedated him it was too much.

Now I like to say he was an evil rabbit; he had a bad heart.

Then we went for a few years without a rabbit before mom decided that the compost pile wasn't the same and we needed a new one.  So we got our lovely, calm brown-with-white-paws rabbit (he's a "broken dutch" according to people who'd know).  We spent a year debating the poor rabbit's name but couldn't really agree on anything. He was almost officially 'Captain Rabbit' but then I told a guest that we hadn't decided on a name and...he remained nameless.

Until I started calling him Bunny-kun because I'd been watching too much anime (it happens...). But then I shortened it to 'Nii-kun' and mom figured it was a name.  It's technically more of an endearment, but that's fine--or it would be if mom could spell it.  At best she thinks it's 'Neekun' at worst...well, on her last blog-post she wrote 'keekun'.  I'm not sure if this is better or worse than 'Kneecoon' which she originally thought it was.  We've had several conversations about this (like the one after she asked my sister's Japanese-speaking friend what 'neekun' meant) but mom just keeps forgetting.

Sometimes I think I should make him a name-tag or something, but usually I try not to worry about it.  At least he has a name, right?

And then about two years ago I decided to get my own pet rabbit, whom I love far more than I probably should, even though she limits certain parts of my life. She's a silver-Siamese Netherland Dwarf and her name is Mithril (because it's dwarven silver and she's a silver dwarf). I got her from the House Rabbit Society and I could probably write a whole blog just about her (but I'll spare you).

No comments:

Post a Comment