Today's Etsy listing: Christmas Candle Bracelet
Today we've got another set of triplets to look at, this one the pirate ship, which is in fact for sale on etsy: Pirate Ship Beaded Tapestry--OR, if you prefer, you can make your own after purchasing the Pattern-Pirate Ship Beaded Tapestry.
As you can see, I've attempted this pattern three times. The first time is the white-sailed ship. It's...not bad. I began it far back either in college or near the end of college, but I ran out of the beads I'd used for the sky. I couldn't find more no matter how hard I looked. It didn't help that the beads were originally from a craft store tube rather than a bead store so... I basically gave up on the entire pattern.
After I made the second tapestry I came back to this one and decided I'd finish it. I took a few of the sky-beads to my local Bead and Button show and found something that matched. I'm not sure I made the best choice, and it's rather obvious so it's not like I'll ever be able to sell it; but at least the whole ship is finished now.
When I returned to beading after the long dry spell I thought I'd give the pirate ship another chance, and I made the black-sailed ship. I actually fixed the pattern between; you can tell that it's a slightly different shape (especially in the sails). The new pattern was adjusted for the shape of the beads, so it's not as stretched, but it's all smaller. The beads I used for the sky are slightly wider than those I used for the ocean, so the tapestry is a trapezoid, but I love the color, so I don't mind.
After that I wanted to sell one--and maybe I wanted to use up some poorly-cut Japanese size 10^ beads I had. Don't get me wrong; I love Japanese-cut beads as much as the next person (except Delicas which I have no use for), but I got these at a bead show from a place that was going out of business. They were cheap, and ended up being a different shape and size than...anything I can work with. Several of the colors are worse than others, but for the most part I can only use them together...but luckily I had enough different colors to create this lovely tapestry.
The sails are actually a deep red, but I can't get it to work properly in the photographs--I've got to be content with it turning out red instead of orange. And actually, before I messed with the settings on the camera the red sails were turning the whole IMAGE an orangish color. Camera is not as smart as it thinks it is.