Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Monday, December 27, 2010

After Christmas Aftermath






Or a green beaded bracelet, depending if you prefer colors or quilt patterns.

I spent all my Christmas money today.  I got a DVD (How to Train Your Dragon which I spent 20 minutes looking for before I found it in the very first place I'd looked, grr), some LEDs for my bedroom (they are blue, and I'd have preferred white, but I was limited by what Target had left), and a $50 Amazon gift card (which, okay, isn't exactly spending my Christmas money so much as transferring it for later, but I felt that this is the best solution).  I also got two journals, which will go nicely with the eight other journals I got for Christmas. plus the four that I had previously but hadn't gotten to yet.  But I like the new journals, and I refuse to regret buying them.

That's enough journals to keep me for a few months at least.

There were a LOT of people out in the world today.  I started my shopping trip around noon, so the crowds weren't too bad, even though I ended up parked on the far side of the mall parking lot from where I wanted to be.  But by the time I finished around 3:30 it was hard to avoid bumping into people in the store; every time I stepped back to avoid someone, I'd bump into someone else.

I did fairly well with it; I usually hate shopping, and I hate shopping when there are other people around--I just avoid aisles unless they are empty--but I kept my cool today, managed not to talk to myself out loud, and even remembered to hold doors for people and/or smile when I accidentally met their eyes.

It's almost like I'm a normal human...but it probably won't last, so I won't get too excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment