Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Sun and the Moon


This is another one of those bracelets that turned out so badly I remade it, but I seem to have dumped the pictures of the first version of this bracelet--luckily for you.

I'm actually very pleased with this version and how it turned out; the beads are all the same size, and the circles are actually round. Plus the sky is a sky-color instead of a dark turquoise.  You can probably imagine what the old one looks like from that...

But I don't have pictures, so I need something else to talk about... uh... Oh! I know, I've been listening to a podcast--Astronomy Cast--about astronomy (??!!) for the past several years, which makes me a bit over confident with what I know about the solar system and the universe, ect.

But every so often I hear things about how people are planning to protect themselves from solar flares by getting the storage-part of a semi truck, burying it underground and setting it up to live in so they can go hide there while the solar flares scorch the ground and kill everything living on the planet.

AHHAHAHAHAHA. Please tell me you do not believe this. Solar flares are energy, yes, but really the worst that they'll do is knock out the power grid.  They *can* damage satellites (but not knock them out of orbit), but we have warning and can protect against that, and they are a bit much radiation for the astronauts, but we can protect against that, too.  So unless your city is set to self-combust next time the power grid goes down...the earth isn't going to be scorched by a solar maximum, sorry.

I know how much you were looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment