Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Saturday, December 18, 2010

I Went Christmas Shopping Today

Today's Etsy relisting: Plaid Christmas Bracelet

New England Ice Storm 2008


No really, for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to go Christmas shopping the weekend before Christmas.

I thought I'd just nip over to the local Target--the one that's easier to get to, specifically--buy the two gifts I needed and then get home.  How long can it take, I thought.

First off I'd forgotten that my car was still covered with snow.  Snow over a veneer of ice.  But once I got that cleaned off and drove out of the driveway, I found that the roads were surprisingly empty.  They filled up the closer I got to commercial areas, but it still wasn't bad for the Saturday before Christmas, and I thought maybe I'd get out of this alive.

Target didn't have what I was looking for.  They had something close but twice the price.  Great, I thought, I'll just stop at the next most-likely-to-have-what-I'm-looking-for store on the way home.

They didn't have it either, which left me needing to go to that most hellish of places--THE MALL.

As I neared the roads were still remarkably free, at least until I pulled into the parking...region that surrounded the mall itself.  There traffic was nearly at a standstill and it took me a good 20 minutes to make it to the far side of the mall where the stores I wanted were--a drive that usually takes two minutes tops.

When I finally got there they were PACKED.  And they didn't have what I was looking for.

Another twenty minutes found me on the next corner of the mall parking lot ducking into the next big-box store which almost had what I was looking for, except that by then I was too burnt out and traumatized to settle for a gift that I wasn't 100% sure was going to be perfect.

So I came home.  Two hours of my life WASTED and I still don't have gifts for two people.  This is why I like to shop online.

No comments:

Post a Comment