Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas


Yes, you saw this one before, too. I wish I had a better picture of it. I mean, I like this picture, but you can't really read--but my other photographing methods would reduce it to a couple of letters, and any other way of showing the whole bracelet would make it just a tiny strip even harder to read than this one.  Ah well, we all make sacrifices.

I finished my Christmas shopping today.  I got my mom a book that I want to read (see how that works? ...I hope she doesn't read this post) It's also one I know she'll like, so it's not entirely self-serving.  Not entirely.

It was my little sister and I who went out. The initial plan had been to go to two stores, but we eliminated one because of snow and laziness, and instead spent two hours at Borders.  Mostly we were reading through books in the humor section and giggling, but eventually it became time to leave, and we went to get in line.

And oh boy was it a line.  It went half the length of the store (it's not the biggest Borders, but it's nothing to sneeze at, either).  We'd also been asked to get an avocado at the grocery store across the parking lot, so I left my sister in line and wandered over, carefully picked out two avocados, waited in line, checked out and meandered back. I made it back to the bookstore just as my sister made it out the door, which is perfect timing, but a bit alarming.

I'm just glad I didn't have to wait in that line.

And I'm glad my Christmas shopping is done.  I just need to make cookies for all the other relatives. Or give them nothing, which is my unfortunate every-other-year trend. And it is an other year.

No comments:

Post a Comment