Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Sunday, December 5, 2010

What is this? Antarctica??


More Penguins today, since I re-made the Penguin Bracelet; lucky you if you thought you'd missed your chance!  It's still just as cute, but the background blue is slightly different. I think I liked the other one better, but I ran out of it, and this was the next closest thing, so whatever.

And I love the background paper here. Best part? I didn't have to adjust the colors. Not even on the full-bracelet shots. That never happens. I might just go ahead and over-use this paper as the background for everything now...

But, we've heard all about penguins on here, several times over.  So instead I'd like to talk about something else.

A while back my mom spotted a display hand at our local craft store, and she thought it would be perfect for my bracelets. I was going to the store anyway, so I thought I'd check it out.  I had my doubts about it's "perfection," especially since I really like my current bracelet-photographing ...setting? style? whatever.  But I got the hand anyway.

Since I was taking pictures of the new penguin bracelet, I thought I'd give the hand a whirl.

The first thing I noticed is that it's a bit too big to photograph on my scrapbooking paper, my lamp and the table-thing I use to take pictures on.  But those can all be managed around, so I tried it out with a few bracelets:


  That's the Rainbow Bracelet's slightly-younger twin which I made for myself, and a really blurry picture of the Penguin Bracelet--but the hand is in focus, and that's what really matters, right?

Don't these pictures make you want to buy one of my bracelets? Or a display hand?

...That's about what I expected.  The hand is too slick to pose the bracelets on, too big for the paper, too shady for the light and too...ridiculous for any practical use.


 On the other hand, I think it'll be really nice if I ever have a physical booth at a craft sale somewhere.  It'll keep the buyers at my booth as they apologize for knocking the bracelets off the slick surface and keep trying to re-balance them in a frictionless world.



But I'm sure it'll come in handy. I mean, there've got to be plenty of uses for a disembodied black resin hand at 3/4-scale, right?


...Anyone need a hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment