Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Monday, November 29, 2010

Mmmm, irony...



So Yesterday my week of the Amys in the Arts promotion was finally over, so I selected a winner and sent her the congratulations email, and while we were discussing today via email which items she wished to buy, someone went and bought two of them, and two other things, leaving me really confused because I didn't know if it was one indecisive person or two different people... and then I almost gave the discount to the wrong person before sorting that out.

Because what are the odds of something like that happening??!

AND it comes just on the tail of my whiny no-one-loves-me-or-will-buy-from-me post.  Oh, World, why do you love irony?

But it's good that I sold somethings, because now I have the money that I spent yesterday and/or can afford Christmas gifts. In my defense I bought beading software yesterday--I'd previously been using the free '15-day' trial for several, er...months. It's actually a cross-stitch software, but so far I prefer it to the beading softwares I've poked at, and the square stitch uses a grid, so it's effectively the same as cross-stitch stuff.

I'm sorry I'm not talking about roses, but I did that a few weeks ago with the Rose Pin's post.

And in other news, there's a new Amy up for this week's Amys in the Arts giveaway, and it's Amy Hall from ahouston.  She makes lovely lampwork beads (her entry tells all about it), and you can win a $20 gift certificate to her shop, where you can buy both beads and jewelry!  For more information visit the AmysintheArts blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment