Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Good for Two Years


I guess you can't really see the other seasons from this angle--I mean, winter is there, and spring's a bit fuzzy in the background, but there's only the barest hint of summer.  Which is just what it feels like in Wisconsin this time of year, so I guess that's fitting.

After being asked 'what's your favorite season' all my life, I've finally concluded that my most favorite season is whichever is opposite the one we're in. In fall, I love spring. In summer I long for winter, and so on.

I spent a year living in Portland, OR, which was...informative.  But they don't have your five classic temperate-clime seasons there.  They have part of the year where it's mostly warm and rains occasionally, and then they have part of the year where it's mostly cooler and rains occasionally.

The kids I worked with there thought the power went out when the temperature got far enough below zero.  It was -6 or so out that day.  I had a hard time explaining that I'd not only had working electricity at -40, but had to wait outside for the school bus in it, as well. 

We had three inches of snow one day, and it shut the whole city down for three and a half days.  THREE INCHES OF SNOW.

Madison would barely bother with snowplows for that.

They had spring there, though.  And a great deal of summer.  I guess if that's your favorite season, that might be where you want to live, but since my favorite season is whichever we're not involved with, I don't think I could live without all four of them.

Besides, if I did; what would I have to complain about?

No comments:

Post a Comment