Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Strawberries



When I was a kid one of my summer traditions was going strawberry picking with my best friend.  We'd go to a pick-your-own place near our hometown and I'd always end up with more berries than I knew what to do with--because I was really there for the picking and the eating, and not the processing.

As I grew older other things began to take precedence over the summers; working at summer camp, moving across the country, traveling around the world (that was her, by the way; I've yet to make it out of the states).  Once we were both in town at the start of summer--but the strawberries weren't any good that year and there weren't any to pick.

What was once a summer tradition had become mostly a summer memory, but we have managed to go picking this past summer (one upside to my being fired mid-May), and true to course, I picked more berries than I knew what to do with.

I made strawberry crumble cake, strawberry pound cake, strawberry muffins (which weren't any good), strawberries on ice cream, strawberries for breakfast, strawberries for midnight snack...and at the end of it all I still had a quart of them to freeze.  That quart is still frozen, and sometimes in the evenings I like to pull out the container, chip off a few berry slices and taste all the memories of a childhood summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment