Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Friday, November 19, 2010

Christmas Candles



I am both happy and unhappy with this bracelet.  Sometimes when I look at it, I see candles in candle holders, and the green candles go up while the red candles go down, and it's all very much what it's supposed to be.

But then I put my glasses on or squint a bit harder, and I realize that this doesn't actually look like anything. ANYTHING. It could, at the very least, have the grace to look like penises like every other failed art object on etsy, but instead it looks like...nothing. Not candles, not penises, not anything else.

I think it might have gone better if I'd stuck with the simple candlestick holder, and not gone for the finger-grip on the side (is that what that thing's supposed to be?). Then I could have had more candles...although I'm not sure if that would have helped the situation any.

There's ten candles now.  Two more would have made it a nice Christmasy twelve--but in Christmas candle traditions isn't it more like six candles? three? far less than twelve? I remember that from back when I used to go to church, and they would bring a wreath down from the ceiling. I can't recall the number of candles, but it was less than twelve.

Anyway.  Get this flaming bracelet and burn the house down. Or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment