Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Today Is My Day



Let's begin with the plaid, shall we?

I LOVE plaid.  I know is says things like 'Vermont' 'Canada' or 'lumberjack' to come people, but it's always said 'Christmas' to me. I blame the fact that mom always got us red plaid pajamas for Christmas. Especially if you go ahead and match that with my love of green, the green plaid turtle quilt that I made, and every time I went to be I was wrapped in Christmas colors.

Although I don't think I ever thought of it that way as a kid.

We might also be able to blame my mom's red-plaid Christmas tablecloth. Or maybe it's just me lumping my favorite things together.  Who knows?

Anyway, I've wanted to make a plaid Christmas bracelet since I thought of making Christmas bracelets, and it was the first Christmas-colored bracelet I made (I may have made the candy-cane one first, but I can't remember).

In other news, It's my week during the Amys in the Arts 9 Weeks of Amy Holiday Giveaway and Promotion, so you can head on over to the AmysintheArts blog and get your name in the hat to win a $15 gift certificate to my shop.  So far the competition is less than ferocious, so you might win. Who knows?

In other other news, I've figured out how to make this kind of origami box that I used to know how to make and then forgot.  Apparently the rest of the world knows it as a four-pointed star rather than a box, strange.  Now that I can make this box that won't get squished in the mail (or won't show the squishing unduly), I've decided I'll package each bracelet sold in one box, tied off with a bow.  I suppose I could put one bracelet in two boxes, but that would make it rather silly.

Here is a picture of what it'll look like (colors may vary):

No comments:

Post a Comment