Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Another Christmas Bracelet





I like the colors on this one. I mean, they are just Christmas colors, whatever, but I think they are nice and bold here and complement each other well.  Something to shout, "CHRISTMAS" rather than whimper it.

I've found throughout my life that triangles are really quite useful.  My earliest memories of learning about them comes from about fifth grade--I'm sure I interacted with triangles before that, but most of my earliest memories are pretty hazy. I can't even recall clearly what I learned about triangles in fifth grade, but I can bet it had something to do with story-problems.

My triangular learning continues today, as they are a fascinating shape with many uses.  I have found the greatest respect for this most simplest of shapes, without which our society wouldn't be what it is today.

Just think about it; you'd have no roof if it weren't for triangles.  We'd all be stuck living in caves or something. Imagine the over-crowding that would cause.

We also wouldn't have ice cream cones, clown hats, or proper wizarding attire.  Triominoes wouldn't--couldn't have been invented.  Algebra, geometry, GPS systems, the dangers of Bermuda, romantic entanglements.  Even your nose would be different.

So as we enter into the period of Thanksgiving (before the period of Giftgiving), I know that one thing I am most thankful for is that simplest and most stable of shapes; the humble triangle.

No comments:

Post a Comment