Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Monday, November 1, 2010

It's here...



Today's bracelet is a whimsical one that I made a few weeks ago.  I patterned the candy canes, but then I thought that just a string of them would be boring, so I experimented with rotating them, and after a few false starts and failed ideas, I ended up with these tumbling candy canes!  I know it looks more like they are falling off the rock in the first picture, so I've included a second image below, where you can better see what these crazy canes are doing.

I really like the inanity of this bracelet, but I don't think I'll make something that's so close to being a solid color again; it was marginally boring.

I also made a mistake in making it; I somehow managed to make the second set of upright candy canes upside-down.  Well, technically they were right-side-up, but they were supposed to be upside-down, so they were upside-down in the upright position...what? anyway, the point is that I needed to cut them off, flip them over and sew them back on (something that's annoying but possible with the awesome square stitch technique), except that doing so meant I had to cut off the one end of the clasp and sew that back on as well...

Okay, so maybe that wasn't the best story, but my other option was the one about how peppermint makes me sneeze--I always thought that was why they called it peppermint, but apparently it's just me and my dad.

This is the start of my 'Christmas Collection,' if I'm feeling arrogant enough to call it that.  I'm planning to have about a dozen Christmas bracelets that I'll be posting over the next few weeks, although most of them are only 'Christmas' because they are red, green and white.  But their geometric patterns are pretty neat so far, and I'm looking forward to posting them.

Hopefully it'll only be one or two a week so I don't overwhelm people, but, well, I just realized that all the new things I currently have ready to be posted are Christmas bracelets, so it might take me a few days to sort that out.  Whoops.  I should still be reposting things in between them, so don't worry that I'll make you sick of Christmas before Thanksgiving--I'll leave that to the department stores.


Bunny Say: Hoppy post-Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet. I hope you'll neter it today in the November challenge!

    ReplyDelete