Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Endless Christmas Fun



Well, I couldn't find my Lego Santa, so this Lego mini-me will have to do.

In some respects, these mobius strips are just a failed bracelet; they're what I make when I run out of beads before reaching acceptable bracelet length (although I started this one knowing I didn't have enough beads), but on the other hand I think that they are fun little things in and of themselves.  Generally you see mobius as quickly cut paper, so any geek should be proud to have a beaded one sitting next to his perpetual motion machine.

I've also found awkward-looking mobius scarves on Etsy, uncomfortable-looking rings and a few things that don't look one-sided at all.  Some people seem to think it's anything with a twist in it, which it's not.

This particular mobius strip is extra-complicated because the pattern is...NUTS. It's another one that looks simple but isn't, and actually I didn't have enough beads to finish the pattern to a repeat, so there's a secret involved in this strip, which you can only find by closely studying it.  I feel it adds to the 'endless fun' quality of the strip.

In case you've forgotten or didn't know, I'm having a holiday giveaway over at the AmysintheArts blog--head over there for details on how to win a $15 gift certificate to my shop (just enough to buy a lovely mobius strip!)

No comments:

Post a Comment