Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Friday, November 5, 2010

Pinguin


Back in middle school my friends and I would each bring a pocketful of tiny toys to school. We called these toys 'doo-dads' and spent many of our free hours making up kingdoms and worlds involving them and the various playground locations.

The toys my friend Anna brought included a set of tiny penguins; four or five adults and one baby, all of them so well-loved that there were completely white. I believe they each had a name, but mostly I just remember that the baby penguin was called 'Pen' and he was my favorite--probably among all the doo-dads, actually.

Toys were not the only things in Anna's pockets, either. She had a newspaper that she carried around for years, as well.

I've always thought I was a hoarder, but then I'd look at Anna and realize that I was just on the far edge of normal--not that she needs to be on a TV show over it, just that my family didn't tape 'hello my name is' badges to our walls.

...although I noticed the other day that mom seems to have a collection of all her convention-related name tags down in her studio.  And I do keep movie tickets for longer than I should admit (I have been working on throwing them out, but old habits die hard, and I know there's still a box of tickets around somewhere).

Maybe Anna's pockets weren't all that strange after all.

1 comment:

  1. Good LORDY that penguin is the CUTEST thing ever!! I much like him and the owl as well.. Le sigh :) If I weren't so poor I'd buy him and give money to you. *raises glass* Here's to a better economy!

    ReplyDelete