Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Whimsicle!

Whimsicle F-kery Bracelet
Wow. I've gotten rather poor at updating this, haven't I? And when I do update, it's not even funny anymore.

Assuming it was ever funny to begin with, which I am not yet convinced of.

Well, if you can't tell, this bracelet actually contains a swear word! (It's so well hidden, I know) I have nothing better to talk about, so I guess I'll go with swearing

I don't really swear all that much.  No, really.  Swearing is actually a tricky thing to do, and for a long time I avoided it as much because I couldn't use it properly as because I wanted to be polite or whatever.  So I spent a lot of time observing how others used the swear words, and then I would cautiously try out one or two of my own. If that got me laughed at, then I would stop swearing for a few more months.

When I started working with kids, at first I didn't bother to filter my swear-words at all--because I didn't swear.

This was mostly fine, but it did cause on rather remarkable incident wherein someone pushed me into the lake (where I DID NOT WANT TO GO) and I shouted "fuck you" as I splashed into the water.  I then said "shit," when I realized I'd sworn, followed quickly by, "Dammit!"  and then "...Drat," in decreasing volumes. I don't think the kids noticed, but I've always thought it was pretty funny.

Also my next evaluation said something like 'should watch language in front of children' and when I asked what that was referring to I was told it was just in reference to the aforementioned incident. Which still annoys me slightly because that was the only time I swore in front of kids that summer, and most summers. I've done it once or twice more since, but three times over ten years? Not exactly something that needs to appear on my eval.

No comments:

Post a Comment