Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Sunday, March 6, 2011

If it's not one thing...

Viking Longboat Pendant
The internet went out Friday night. It just came back on like five minutes ago. And it might go out again, we don't know.

At first we thought it might be something to do with out modems, so dad played mix-up with them trying to get a combination that worked. Each time he reconfigured the modems they'd work a bit, and then stop a few moments later. He even went so far as to call our ISP and talk to them--which doesn't sound like much, but if you know my dad you'd know that was a pretty huge thing. They said the problem was probably our modem and that they'd sent us a newer model.

The internet still wasn't working today, but dad also noticed that the ethernet light was off on the modem, and since that was different from yesterday, he went to call the ISP again. Only this time their automatic message had changed.  Now it said that our whole area was having issues, but it was temporary and they were working on it.

I went out on a quest looking for the internet somewhere else. I failed to find it. Even in the Starbucks in Barnes and Noble where it was working for everyone else, the internet still failed to work for me.

On one hand, it was a bit like having my arm cut off. On the other hand, it gave me the perfect excuse to do very little--even if I had computer-related things to do that were not online.

Of course, Vikings, like the ones that would have sailed in the boat pictured in this pendant would never had had to worry about something like the internet vanishing for an unknown length of time. Can you just imagine?

No comments:

Post a Comment