Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Patriotic

Beaded American Flag Pendant
I live in Wisconsin. I don't know how many of you follow the news, but shit has been goin' down here.

It's not violent like FOX News would like you to believe, but there are a lot of things that are pretty crazy. I barely follow the news myself, so it's rather shocking that I know any of what's going on, but then again, my dad works for the state, so I've been informed of everything each step of the way as things have gone from 'the new governor would like to take our benefits away' to 'if I don't retire in the next few weeks I'll be losing $66,000 of retirement benefits.'

I know that the state of Wisconsin voted Walker into place, but as my mom like to go on about, he only won by three percent of the vote. It's not like Wisconsin residents gave him a mandate from heaven to muck with all of our everything. And yes, we don't want to have a budget deficit in the next few years, but there's saving the budget, and there's being a poor leader who let the power go to their head.

I guess it's an exciting time to live in the US and in Wisconsin, and maybe it's a time that we can look back on and say 'I was a part of that, and it changed things' but I'd be okay if things were less exciting.

Isn't there an old Chinese curse which says 'my you live in interesting times'? Well, I guess maybe I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment