Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rainbow

Rainbow Pendant
I've always liked seeing rainbows, and when the weather conditions are right, I'll often run out in them--camera in hand if I have one--to see if there's a rainbow.  I think I even recall railing at the sky once or twice when I felt there ought to be a rainbow, but couldn't find one.

I know their scientific explanations and--actually I know a whole lot about light and the electromagnetic spectrum now, but unlike some things, the more I learn about rainbows the more fascinating I find them to be.  All the more so because they are so rare and nearly impossible to recreate--on the sky-arching scale.  Actually, I'd say they were impossible to create artificially, but if I do I'll see a news article about man-made rainbows tomorrow, so never mind that.

I think one of the most curious things I learned about rainbows is that they are actually circles, and not just arches.  You can't see the whole thing unless you're in an airplane (although I wonder if a mountain view will let you see it), but there were a few pictures along with the explanation, and it was a whole circle cast across the landscape, which is a totally awesome idea.

And really leaves you wondering because that means the rainbow touches the earth in a certain place, so would that be the end of the rainbow? or not, since the rainbow doesn't actually end there?

No comments:

Post a Comment