Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Monday, March 7, 2011

Turtle Turtle

Beaded Turtle Pendant
Beaded Turtle Pendant

I put both of these up today. I know I've talked about turtles, but I don't think I've mentioned the Cow Turttles I used to play with. See, I'm from Wisconsin, and we have a lot of cows. And back in middle school I also became obsessed with turtles. I started a small collection of turtle figurines, which I know I've mentioned before, but i also started combining cows and turtles into a bizarre comic-strip-like herd of turtles which I called the 'Cow Turttles'--and yes, I know now that turtle is spelled 'turtle' and not 'turttle', but when I started I didn't, and then when everyone kept correcting me I got annoyed and claimed it was intentional.

Anyway, the Cow Turttles were a group of plaid-shelled turtles who went around saying 'moo.' except for the confused cat-turttle who said 'meow' and the French Cow Turttle who said 'meuh' which is what French cows say. I also tried other ethnicities for the turttles, but nothing else really caught on.

So I'd draw these little turttles in the margins of my math homework, and they'd basically be a comic strip, but you couldn't tell what the characters were saying because it was just "moo, moo MOO!" I thought it was hilarious, but then, I was 13.

Not really sure what my math teacher made of all of it, but he was pretty awesome, so at the very least he put a good face on it.

Oh, and my friends had their own odd little comic-y things that went on their math homework. We were odd children, but it was fun at the time. And may have made us better people than...the kids who grew up too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment