Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Penguin

Cutest Penguin Pendant
Now here's something I've never talked about: Penguins!

Wait, what's that you say? I HAVE talked about penguins? At length?

Great. Well. I guess I have nothing to add, then. Not really.

I actually made this particular penguin as the start of a bookmark, but since I usually make the pattern with the beads running the other way, making a short and chubby penguin, it took a long time before I could look at this guy and not picture one of my other ones being run over with a steam roller. Which is a pretty painful image, and the main reason this guy didn't end up as a bookmark.

It's bad enough sewing their eyes on; the first eye is just a bead, but that second eye always creeps me out a bit because I'm sewing through a creature's eye. So stabbing this poor, defenseless bird through the eye--and THEN RUNNING HIM OVER WITH A STEAMROLLER--was more than I could handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment