Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Un-bear-able

Beaded Teddy Bear Pendant
I've been creating treasuries to go along with my just-listed things on Etsy of late, or I had been, and then I stopped for a little while, so I thought I'd start it up again yesterday.

You might recall that I posted a different teddy bear pendant yesterday, one I made with that horrid gray-brown color that I've found generally useless and disappointing. So, naturally, the treasury would need to be 'teddy bear' themed.

This seems pretty straight forward on the surface, and I expected it wouldn't be a problem to create one, but... There just aren't that many teddy bears on Etsy, apparently. I didn't look for very long, but I can usually find at least one of whatever I'm looking for on a page--or at least something related closely enough that I'm okay using it in my treasury.

But this, this was like...like teddy bears have gone out of fashion. There were a lot of bear hats, and those funny earless bears, and then a few that weren't terribly well photographed, but I was really disappointed in the numbers and qualities of teddy bears available. I guess, if I ever need teddy bears I'll have to buy them somewhere other than Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment