Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Apples to Apples

Apple Pendant
I said I was starting a new line of things in the new month (or I implied it, or possibly I just thought it really loud; something like that), well here it is!

I've wanted to do pendants for a while, but there were some technical details I needed to work out. I probably would have figured them out sooner if I'd really sat down and thought about it, but in the end it took a few suggestions from my sister and a trip to the Box of Small Beaded Things to scavenge for old patterns.

I've also made a few new patterns, but this is one of the oldest. I probably have a sheet of graph paper with it somewhere in the Attic. Originally it was paired with a pear (hmm), and there was a companion piece with a banana and a peach--although they've never looked as good as the apple and pear.

Clearly I reproduced it by itself, and I also added the bit of shine in the corner, but otherwise this is an nine-year-old pattern (or close to that). And it works quite well in its new setting.

The price is also very reasonable--I hope. It's only $7; entirely affordable. The necklace isn't included, though. The original plan was to include it, but when I unwrapped the strip of leather...it's not what you'd call quality. I bought another type of string/cording, too, but it's not even leather. It's plastic. Very quality. Maybe I'll get back to the craft store soon, but including the string will drive up the cost (slightly), so I don't know. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment