Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Thursday, February 3, 2011

You Must Be Nuts


I've been trying to work out a business card for my Etsy shop, and my little sister, who's a graphics design major, is supposed to be helping me. But she's not very good at responding to emails so I haven't heard from her in a few weeks--school started up again, so I'm not surprised or upset, I'm just left to my own devices.

I recently downloaded a few free graphics programs which I'm slowly learning how to use--very slowly because I have to stop using them before I hit peak frustration and refuse to ever go back to them.  It might help if I remembered anything about Illustrator or Photoshop from that computer graphics class I took a million years ago, but then again neither of my new programs is quite like the Adobe versions, so that might not help, after all.

The saddest part is that I'm still better at doing things in MS Paint. Even for a book-cover I did recently I had to complete one step entirely in Paint, and even after that I needed it for some conversions as well.  I can't quite tell if it's because the other programs really cannot do the things I want them to, or if I just don't know how to do the things in them yet, but it feels like I'm taking the long way 'round to do anything.


Still, my book cover turned out well, and I'm hoping my business card will as well--I'm beading something new for it, so it'll be a few days until I finish that, and then god knows how long before I manage to work out the rest of it.  In the meant time, here's a nifty image I 'shopped together using--yes--Paint. (I thought I could draw a circle with a line through it in Inkscape or GIMP, but I seem to have been wrong)

Beaded bookmarks DO NOT interface with Kindle, Nook or other eReaders.

1 comment: