Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Sunday, February 6, 2011

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP

Useful Alphabet Choker
This choker was fun to make because every letter is a different color, running through the typical rainbow. I had to dig through me 'bead ends' bin for...I think for one of the oranges, but otherwise it's like a cross-section of all the beads I own--not to mention the most colorful thing I've made.

Speaking of colorful, I went to Orchid Quest today, which is an orchid show/convention/thing. It apparently occurs once a year, but this was the first time I'd even heard of it.  There were lots of pretty flowers (but I didn't bring my camera, pity). I even bought one!

It's just a baby seedling, and it should grow into a miniature moth orchid, if that means anything to anyone. (It almost means something to me...) Assuming I don't kill it before it gets there, of course.  I don't have a great track record with plants--not anymore.

See, I had a lot of plants in college, but I left half on an open window sill one night when we had frost.  Then I ended up locking the remaining ones in my black car in the full sun for a day--uh...whoops.  The plants I had left after that have suffered the wrath of housepets and the lack of sun in my parents house, leaving my with only the most durable spider plant in the world, a very tenacious wandering Jew, and a rather nervous fern. We'll see how long the orchid lasts.

Anyone want to open a betting pool?

No comments:

Post a Comment