Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Turtles

Turtle Bracelet
I've always liked turtles. I think they started out being some sort of real-life equivalent of dragons for me, and then just grew until I genuinely liked them for what they are.

I used to have a whole handful of turtles that I carried around with my in middle school. They were painted resin turtles, which I got at a fairly local souvenir shop or two. They were painted to look like real turtles--as much as a 1-inch resin turtle can look like a real turtle, that is--and I had some fun researching what types they were.

I also gave them all names.  Like "Gerdle" and "Murble." I actually can't recall all their names now (there were close to ten of them), but I suppose it's not really a bad thing.

From there I ended up with a small collection of other turtle figurines, made from all sorts of materials and purchased from all sorts of places. Luckily they've always fit in just one box. Unlike my collection of china rabbits. But that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment