Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Monday, February 7, 2011

Those Who Wander

Runic Wander Quote Choker
I actually made one of these for myself back when I'd started making jewelry--before I figured out how to attache the jewelry, actually. I had two bracelets sewn onto my wrist, and then I had three that were just long beaded ribbons, if you will--and this, which was an extra long strip. I was actually rather reluctant to put the snap on the original, because I liked that it was just this phrase that wasn't on something, but which WAS something--it's hard to explain.

Then, after I put the snap on it, I wore it as a double-wrapped bracelet instead of as a choker for a long time. It was partly an adjustment period because it'd been awhile since I wore anything on my neck regularly, but it also had a lot to do with the fact that I wanted to look at it and handle it.  That's part of the wonder of beaded objects like this; the sheer tactile experience of them.

Actually, my love of touching and handling my beadwork is why I don't frame the tapestries when they're finished.  I don't really even like to put the hanging loops/rods on them because even that limits how you can interact with them--but of course, they're barely even decorative without SOME way of hanging or displaying.

Anyway, this choker reads 'Not all those who wander are lost' in JRR Tolkien's runes--which is how the actual quote actually goes, and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment