Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Friday, February 11, 2011

Let's Go Fly a Kite

Kite Bookmark on Etsy
My summer camp was full of very large open fields.  I mean, we had plenty of woods, too, but in front of the Lodge (our dining hall and Misc building) we had First Field, which was followed by a small strip of trees, and then there was Second Field, followed by some bushes which blocked off Third Field.  But if, fora example, you went to the left from the lodge instead of straight ahead, there was Main Field.  You can tell how great we were with naming things.

By the end of my camping career there was also a field between the Lodge and the Waterfront, though we had yet to name it (I was pushing for the 'grassy knoll' because it had a hill, and that's hilarious). 

Despite these large grassy expanses, we hardly spent time in any of them--well, maybe First Field sometimes, but our soccer nets were always falling apart and the kids were about as likely to sit under a tree as run across it (it was girl scout camp, I'm not sure what you expected).

Anyway, I always looked at those fields with their breeze off the lake and wondered why I didn't fly more kites. So one year I bought a kite, and spent some time flying it. It was fun.

Then I bought a bunch more kites (mostly miniature ones because it's funny), but by then the fun of it had mostly worn off.

...Sorry. I thought this story would be a bit more exciting, but I seem to have lost the punchline. Perhaps it got trapped in a tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment