Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Buzzzzzz






This was one of the first bracelets I made--this pattern, rather. I was trying to use up the yellow and black beads--but really there's way more green and wing-color than there is yellow or black.

Anyway, I made the bracelet and I was proud of it, so I wore it frequently--also I hated my job, so seeing something nice that I made was a big help.  But then I went on a job interview, and in order to look nice, I wore all my beaded bracelets (I had three, that I could take off, two stuck sewn on my wrist and a choker that I sometimes wore as a double-wrap bracelet). Somehow I lost the bee bracelet.

I think it fell off in my car, and then escaped the car at the place I was interviewing--and then I didn't notice until after I got back from the interview. And I didn't get the job, so I never had a chance to look for it again (not that it would have been there, but I'd really wanted the job, so it was like a double disappointment).

Then I lent one of the other three original bracelets to a co-worker and got fired before I remembered to get it back.  I recently sewed the last of those originals onto my wrist.  Hopefully I won't be able to lose it.

I remade the bee bracelet to sell, because without the added 'it's my first!' fun, I'm not really a bee-person, although if it doesn't ever sell, I don't think I'll be too upset at having to keep it.

1 comment:

  1. It makes me want spring something bad! Very cute design!!!

    ReplyDelete