Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Thursday, January 6, 2011

One Sided Fun


This was the first mobius strip that I made...for sale. 

I'm always surprised at how easy these are to make.  It feels like they should be far more complicated than putting one twist in a circle--but they aren't.

I also wish they were more useful. 

I've personally always envisioned them as part of the geek's prerequisite collection of puzzles, games and curiosities. I have a friend who's got a whole tray of them that sits in a corner, and whenever there's people over at his place, they help keep the conversation lively.  Someone picks up a puzzle and everyone has to put in their ideas about how to solve it--or there's a few toys that seem to defy the laws of physics.  A beaded optical illusion would fit right into a cluster of curios like that.

But aside from a passing mention at what passes for a cocktail party among geeks ("game night"), I'm not really sure what you can do with these clever little things.  They aren't long enough for a bracelet, but are too big for a ring.  You could stick a chain through one and call it a necklace, but they seem a bit heavy for that.

I did like my Christmas suggestion of suggesting drunken relatives untwist it.  I thought that was clever.  And if there aren't any drunken relatives around, perhaps a blond would suffice?

No comments:

Post a Comment