Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ladymark


I've actually had the idea to make beaded bookmarks for awhile, but several things held me back.

First was the fact that I think they're a bit thick to use in books.  I mean, it's not like you're trying to stuff a Lego between the pages of your book or anything, but it is a wee bit broader than a bent corner or a thin plastic bookmark like I used to chew on collect.  But after looking at some bookmarks in store and on Etsy, it no longer seems like people want ribbon-thin bookmarks, and instead they go for thicker metallic things with a few beads hanging off the end.  I also ended up with a beaded bookmark of my own by way of a massively failed bracelet, and it's never been too thick to hold my place.

So much for *that* excuse.

The second thing holding me back was the price.  I know I used to buy perfectly functional bookmarks five-for-a-dollar, so while I realize that the price on bookmarks in general has risen, I personally feel no need to pay much more than that for them.  Certainly if it came down to paying $10 to hold my place or ripping the corner off a piece of junk mail to do the same job I know what I'd choose.  So I took this question to Etsy as well.

Apparently people will pay lots of money for bookmarks--or at the very least people will list bookmarks for $20 or more, and for the purposes of my research that's almost the same thing.  This adorable little thing isn't worth $20, but it does have $10 worth of work and quality to it. 

Even if it won't interface with a Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment