Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I give up

Well, the Silver and Purple Bracelet yesterday got a whopping total of five views, while the Viking Longboat Bracelet got seven this morning, so I updated the Viking one. And then I added a completely new bracelet:


I've actually been sitting on this bracelet for a while, partly because I was waiting to be closer to spring and partly because some of the pictures are a wee bit blurry and I was somewhat intending to redo them.  But I'm lazy, and they aren't that blurry, so it's fine.

Plus it's snowing, so I felt a need to contradict that.

Let's see; robins.

There's the whole 'first robin of spring' cliche going on, but who really sees robins anymore?  I mean, I've worked in the woods, so I have seen them, but the saying always makes me feel like someone is out there actually watching for robins--like some cute kid who runs squealing to their mother when they see that first robin.

Do kids even play outside anymore?  I've worked with kids who couldn't identify a dandelion or a violet; I doubt they'd get excited over a bird--any kind of bird.

I've actually seen robin out in the woods--actually, I was startled to realize that robins aren't really a woods bird.  They seem to like hanging out  in open fields--probably where they can be the early bird and get the worm.  A field full of robin who unconcernedly shift out of the way when they see kids come.  They don't even fly off, just shuffle to the side.

You've got to get seagulls if you want birds to fly away from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment