Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Depressing


Depressing. That's my life. But really this is another reverse-psychology bracelet, though it's not quite as good as the Useless Bracelet. I wish there was a better way to tag geometric bracelets.  With the icon/image ones there's always something, like 'ladybug' or 'playing cards' which I can say, but then I get these, and despite the fact that they are beautiful and amazing, once they get off the front four pages of 'ebw team' searches, they might as well not exist at all.

Which reminds me that I've gone at least a month without mentioning that I am, in fact, a member of the illustrious Etsy Beadweavers Team--even if they accidentally kicked me out at one point (I got let back in, no worries).  They generally make cool things, which you can ogle on Etsy with the 'ebw team' tag.

In other news I've decided to try searching for jobs again. It's funny, but I heard a This American Life episode while beading the other day which told the story of a guy who tried to live his dream, but his "three month experiment" turned into a two-year fiasco wherein he lost money and home--and eventually had to give up on the dream.

I don't want to be that guy, even if looking for jobs puts me in tears--seriously, just thinking about looking for jobs and all the stress of finding one, looking into it, building up the dream, waiting...waiting... and then having that dream crushed AGAIN without mercy--it's no wonder that so many people stopped looking for jobs.

I'm also REALLY bad at selling myself (if I was better, I might have more Etsy sales, yes?), torn between honesty and humility like no one else in this economy. Who'd you rather hire; the guy who says he's awesome or the girl who says she's probably okay but hasn't done anything like this before? I wouldn't hire me, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment