Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Who *am* I?


Today's Etsy re-post: Turtle Bracelet

It occurred to me, sometime after I left yesterday's post, that you probably have no idea who I am. This is understandable, since I left the 'profile' information as uninformative as I possibly could. I'm helpful like that.

Anyway, I thought that today I could do a bit more of an introduction than the list of 'likes' I posted yesterday will give you. So let's begin:

I am 27, unemployed and live with my parents. I keep trying to move out, but I'm really bad at it, and always end up back here after a few months or a year. I hate it, but am bad at finding non-seasonal work--hence the attempts to sell the things I make.

Which brings us to my Etsy shop: arjarvis.etsy.com This is where I attempt to sell the things which I babble about here. So far I have managed a grand total of four sales, only one of which was to my mom. I'm hoping that the lack of a blog is why I haven't had many sales, and that's why you're reading this.  If you buy something, maybe I'll shut up.

I also moonlight as a writer of gay fairy tales. You can purchase my book of them, called Fairies, Princes and Fairy Princes, for the Amazon Kindle platform. They are all witty, humorous and more-or-less child-appropriate. If you'd like to read more of my writing for free--although I don't know why you would--you can visit my FictionPress page, or go to my LiveJournal, which is where I whine about writing, much as I plan to whine about beading here. Since I know gay romance isn't exactly everyone's cup of tea, I'll mostly never mention it here, just as I hardly ever mention beading on my LJ.

And let's let that conclude my intro-to-me for the day.

Today's Project: Christmas Plaid

Inspiration: I have all these size 10 beads I've been trying to use up. I made it down to four un-matching shades of green, silver, dark silver, blue and purple, which didn't leave me with much to work with, so I bought some red and white size 10s, with the intent to make Christmas bracelets, since it's about that time of year. As for plaid? well, I like plaid.

Pattern: A simple plaid. Didn't take long to come up with, although I was working out the details as I tried to fall asleep last night. Not that there were many details to work out.

Colors: The darkest size 10 green, since I have the most of it, shiny silverlined because it's a good contrast, and the new silverlined red because the solid red beads look too small next to the giant greens.

Technical: The white/silver was a bit thinner than the other two colors, but it didn't prove to be a problem. I think I pictured it being a bit more complex, and instead it looks like a wrapped gift, but I still like the way it turned out.

Notes: I like it. And it only took two hours to complete. That's the wonder of eight-beads-wide, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment