Habitual Habitat of the Amy

I kept reading advice columns for how to bring sales to your etsy shop, and one thing they all said is to get a blog.

I can't say this blog has boosted my etsy sales, but it has given me yet another outlet for talking about myself, and that can't be bad--can it?

The direct link to the Etsy shop is HERE

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ladybeetle

Ladybug Pendant
I think I need to change some of my descriptions on this blog, since several things in my life seem to have changed.  I'm not longer single, for starters. And I seem to have gotten a (very) part-time job. I'm still living with my parents, though, and my job isn't quite enough to help fix that, so I'm still 'broke' for the most part (and if I ever do manage to get monies, the first significant chunk of it goes to fixing my car, sadness).

I've also got a bike helmet and permission to borrow one for the summer. I was a little unsure about buying the bike helmet, because I hate spending more than $20 on anything, and the helmet was $40, but then I looked at it in two ways: A) this is my brain we're talking about and B) It's still less than a tank of gas.

I rather like my brain. And I hate buying gas, so I got the helmet. It's a decent one, too, and I've no regrets.

I do have a misgiving, though, and that is the fact that we live on the top of a large hill.  Most of the time I do not think about this, but, while it makes going to anywhere surprisingly easy, it means I have difficulties getting back.  Just yesterday a mere ride around the block necessitated a 20-minute nap for recovery. I managed to avoid the nap today, but my legs...let's just say they are not used to the exercise.  But hopefully in a few weeks going around the block won't kill me, and maybe after that I'll be able to ride to work--which is at the farthest, lowest other end of this hill.  So really, my hope is that eventually I'll be able to ride from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment